I am at the 37 week mark and let me tell you, I can see why most women say that this is the hardest part of pregnancy.
- My back hurts.
- My stomach feels like it literally may bust open if she stretches out anymore.
- Baby has dropped, which causes me extreme pelvic pain.
- She also makes my groin/upper legs tingle and have some sharp pain.
- I always have to pee…& sometimes I pee a little when I sneeze (embarrassing, but true)
- Lastly, pretty sure sleeping is not a thing anymore. Between peeing, backaches, baby movements and weird dreams… I have found sleep to be overrated! (Good practice for her arrival, huh?)
And my shirt sums up all feeling I have about all things at the moment.
Now, technically she is full term, so encouraging her to make her move isn’t such a bad thing. She is healthy, at a good size…we are good!
As her carrier I do my best to help her with the process, you know; take the stairs instead of the lift, park further away to walk more, eat spicy food and enjoy some special time with the hubby 😉
However, I am sure she is comfortable in there and if she’s anything like her parents, she will be stubborn and stay as long as possible in her little space.
Also, my doctor did warn me that first time moms tend to go past their due date.
(Uhh, no thanks)
So as any normal parent would do, I also give my little darling pep talks as well. Yes, I talk to my belly and look like a weirdo…don’t judge.
I mean, I work two jobs, I am a middle school teacher and a high school diving coach. So, I always have insane situations creeping into my mind.
What if my water breaks in front of the kids? What if a student videos me and puts me on social media? What if I can’t get in touch with any of my family and no one can come get me when I am in labor? What if I miss a big dive meet? What if I go into labor while JUDGING a dive meet?
Yes, my brain is on overload.
The fear of not being prepared or ready freaks me out too. However, our hospital bag is good to go…so that’s a step in the right direction.
Although you might think I am completely miserable and hate my life…I honestly feel so blessed to have a healthy baby and to have had such an easy pregnancy thus far.
So, even though she causes me pain and discomfort at the moment, the long term joy of having a tiny human to love forever makes it all worth while.